UPSC CIVIL SERVICE NOTIFICATION 2017- Last Date 17-Mar-2017
UPSC CIVIL SERVICE NOTIFICATION 2017:-UPSC has released civil service notification for the year of 2017 . They released total 980 posts among these 27 posts for PH Category , 07 posts for LDCP, 08 Posts for B/LV and 12 Posts for HI. So who are interested for this job apply before 17-Mar-2017.
Age (A/c to the Notification):
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 AttemptsSC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
REMEMBER THE DATES:
|The official notification will out on||22nd February 2017|
|Final date for submitting the application form||17th March 2017|
|The Civil Services Exam 2017(Pre)||18th June 2017|
|Date of main examination||28th October 2017|
Official Notification: CLICK HERE.
Fee: 100 Rs/- and girls and reserved candidates will be exempted form the fees.
Who are Selected these exams they will get one of the post from the below list of the posts.
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
Selection Procedure: Prelims, Mains, Personal Interview.
Exam Pattern: They will give 4 sets of question papers A,B,C,D . And this question paper in English and Hindi language. Per each wrong question they will cut 1/3 mars as penalty.
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
For prelims Exams they will released 3 weeks before from the examination date. So on the time we will provide the link here.
Results: They will released the results in the pdf format in their official site. Who are successfully qualified in the prelims they will be eligible for the mains, which will be held in Oct-2017. The Main Exam results will be declared in Feb-2018.
Civil Service 2017 Main Format
|Name of the test||Type of test||Max. marks||Duration||Selection parameters|
|Paper A (one Indian language to be selected from the languages included in eighth schedule of the constitution||Conventional||300||3 hours||Papers to be counted for determining merit|
|Paper B English language||300|
|Paper I Essay||250||UPSC will prepare merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance & high marks aggregate scored in Mains & interview.|
|Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage & culture, History & Geography of world & society)|
|Paper II General studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice & international relations)||250|
|Paper IV General studies III (Technology, economic development, bio-diversity, environment, security & disaster management)||250|
|Paper V General studies IV (Ethnic, integrity & aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI Optional subject Paper I||250|
|paper VII Optional subject Paper II||250|
|Sub-total (written test)||1750|